Do you have pain in the back of your heels? Is it painful when walking and exercising?
Step relief podiatry can help, Book now.
Achilles tendon is a tendon that attaches the calf muscles to the back of the heel. Due to overuse and/or calf muscle tightness, this tendon can become inflamed. This inflammation can cause pain and discomfort.
- Pain above the back of the heel
- Pain in that region before, during or after exercise
- Pain in that region in first steps of the morning
- Overuse of calf muscle
- Tightness in the posterior compartment of muscles
HOW WE TREAT CONDITION ACHILLES TENDON PAIN
There are various treatments that will be applicable for Achilles Tendinopathy. However, everyone is different. Therefore we will work with you to develop the most suitable treatment plan for you, to help you get out of pain.
How we can help:
- Dry needling
- Calf massage and muscle release
- Heel lifts
- Customised foot orthotics will improve foot posture.
Check out our other Services!
We request that you pay the amount during the time of the consultation. We accept cash, cheques, or credit cards and have EFTPOS and HICAPS facilities, in which we can also accept Australian health funds and health care providers.
– If you are on an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC), you will need to bring a written referral from your General Practitioner (GP).
– If you are a private patient, then you do not need a referral.
All patients with chronic conditions are eligible for Medicare rebates for standard podiatry visits through the Medicare system. You will need to see your General Practitioner and ask for an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) referral.