Do you have Calluses on your feet? Is it painful when you’re standing? Is it caused by Prolonged standing?
Step Relief Podiatry can help, Book now.
Calluses are thick, hard skin that forms on the foot due to continuous increased pressure or friction, usually through poorly fitted shoes. Corns are similar to calluses, however they form as a “cone shape” with a central core.
If the pressure is not relieved, that can cause pain in those areas.
- Pain in a localised region of the foot/toes when standing or wearing shoes
- Hardened skin on the bottom of the foot
- Bony prominence
- Loss of fat pad
- Increased pressure on a certain region of the foot
How to treat CALLUS & CORNS?
There are various treatments that will be applicable for Calluses and corns. However, everyone is different. Therefore we will work with you to develop the most suitable treatment plan for you, to help you get out of pain.
How we can help:
- Regular sharps debridement by a podiatrist is Gold standard
- Offloading regimes to reduce pressures on affected area
Check out our other Services!
We request that you pay the amount during the time of the consultation. We accept cash, cheques, or credit cards and have EFTPOS and HICAPS facilities, in which we can also accept Australian health funds and health care providers.
– If you are on an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC), you will need to bring a written referral from your General Practitioner (GP).
– If you are a private patient, then you do not need a referral.
All patients with chronic conditions are eligible for Medicare rebates for standard podiatry visits through the Medicare system. You will need to see your General Practitioner and ask for an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) referral.