Do you have Cold feet? Is it painful or causing some blistering?
Step Relief Podiatry can help, Book now.
Chilblains is vasoconstriction, or constriction of vessels, with weather changes. This vessel constriction can cause reduction in circulation, therefore causing cold limbs. It can also drastically increase sensation to feet, which can cause discomfort and pain.
- Burning and itching on skin
- Discolorations on feet ( red, blue patches on toes/feet)
- Mostly affects extremities (i.e. toes)
- Unknown cause- Idiopathic
- It is considered to be the body’s reaction to lower temperatures.
How to treat Chilblains & Raynaud's Phenomenon?
There are various treatments that will be applicable for Chilblains. However, everyone is different. Therefore we will work with you to develop the most suitable treatment plan for you, to help you get out of pain.
How we can help:
Check out our other Services!
We request that you pay the amount during the time of the consultation. We accept cash, cheques, or credit cards and have EFTPOS and HICAPS facilities, in which we can also accept Australian health funds and health care providers.
– If you are on an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC), you will need to bring a written referral from your General Practitioner (GP).
– If you are a private patient, then you do not need a referral.
All patients with chronic conditions are eligible for Medicare rebates for standard podiatry visits through the Medicare system. You will need to see your General Practitioner and ask for an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) referral.