Have you had your yearly check?
Step relief podiatry can help, Book now.
Diabetes is the changes to BGL that causes the person to be (Hyper or Hypoglycemic) Diabetes can have a direct effect on blood flow, and hence healing, to the feet. Increased BGL levels can increase the chances of infection and can cause loss of sensation. Additionally, it can cause foot deformity through changes in muscle tone and changes in skin.
- Tingling or burning in toes
- Changes in the foot, deformities
- Reduced/loss of sensation
- Wounds that may have not been felt
HOW WE TREAT DIABETES
- Diabetes assessment (3-monthly or 6-monthly or yearly)
- Preventative precautions to reduce chances of deterioration
- Further referral to other health professionals for better Diabetes control.
Check out our other Services!
We request that you pay the amount during the time of the consultation. We accept cash, cheques, or credit cards and have EFTPOS and HICAPS facilities, in which we can also accept Australian health funds and health care providers.
– If you are on an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC), you will need to bring a written referral from your General Practitioner (GP).
– If you are a private patient, then you do not need a referral.
All patients with chronic conditions are eligible for Medicare rebates for standard podiatry visits through the Medicare system. You will need to see your General Practitioner and ask for an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) referral.