Do you have flat feet? Do you feel like it is affecting the way you? Or causing you any pain? Step Relief Podiatry can help, Book now.
“Flat feet” is a term generally used to describe lowering the inner arch of the foot.
Flat feet are not generally the reason of foot pain, however the way of walking and standing, and the biomechanics of the foot during weight-bearing. If your foot moves abnormally during Gait (walking) and standing, this can make you more prone to foot soreness and injuries
- Lowering of the foot arch- Pancake foot
- Pain around the heel and arch
- Pain when walking barefoot- without supporting shoes.
- Tibialis posterior dysfunction
- Genetics/normal foot type
- Internally rotated tibia
How to treat flat feet?
There are various treatments that will be applicable for Flat Feet. However, everyone is different. Therefore we will work with you to develop the most suitable treatment plan for you, to help you get out of pain.
How we can help:
- Customised foot orthotics will improve foot posture.
- Dry needling & massage will reduce symptoms that arise as a result from FF (heel & arch pain)
- Stretching and strengthening exercises to help improve muscles around the foot & leg.
Check out our other Services!
We request that you pay the amount during the time of the consultation. We accept cash, cheques, or credit cards and have EFTPOS and HICAPS facilities, in which we can also accept Australian health funds and health care providers.
– If you are on an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC), you will need to bring a written referral from your General Practitioner (GP).
– If you are a private patient, then you do not need a referral.
All patients with chronic conditions are eligible for Medicare rebates for standard podiatry visits through the Medicare system. You will need to see your General Practitioner and ask for an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) referral.