Do you have heel pain? Is it painful when you’re walking? Step relief podiatry can help, Book now.
What is heel pain?
Heel pain is pain arising from the base of the heels, this pain can radiate down the foot. This is usually caused by usually caused by a mechanical problem with your feet such as muscle imbalances, poor training techniques, poor foot biomechanics or incorrect footwear.
- Pain in first few steps
- Pain after sitting for extended periods
- Pain after activity
- Abnormal walking style
- Heel Spur
- Foot Posture (Flat feet are more prone)
- Wrong shoes (non-supportive shoes)
- Standing, running or jumping on hard surfaces
- Injury to the heel, such as stress fractures
How to treat heel pain?
There are various treatments that will be applicable to heel pain. However, everyone is different. Therefore we will work with you to develop the most suitable treatment plan for you, to help you get back up and running.
Treatments can include:
- Stretching program
- Orthotics: Customised or Semi Customised:
- Orthotics help provide support and adjust foot posture to re-distribute plantar pressures, hence reducing stress on certain foot structures.
- Tapping and Strapping
- Dry needling
- And more treatments can be tailored around your specific case.
Check out our other Services!
We request that you pay the amount during the time of the consultation. We accept cash, cheques, or credit cards and have EFTPOS and HICAPS facilities, in which we can also accept Australian health funds and health care providers.
– If you are on an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC), you will need to bring a written referral from your General Practitioner (GP).
– If you are a private patient, then you do not need a referral.
All patients with chronic conditions are eligible for Medicare rebates for standard podiatry visits through the Medicare system. You will need to see your General Practitioner and ask for an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) referral.