Suffering from Heel Spurs? Step Relief Podiatry can help, Book online now.
Heel Spur are generally formed around the Heel bone due to extensive pressure. Diagnosis of the heel spur can only be seen on X-rays, however its presence can be flagged by palpating the heel.
- Plantar Fascial pain
- Pain in first few steps
- Pain after sitting for extended periods
- Pain after activity
- Excessive pressure
- Strains on foot muscles and tightness in plantar fascia
How to treat Heel Spur?
There are various treatments that will be applicable for heel spurs. However, everyone is different. Therefore we will work with you to develop the most suitable treatment plan for you, to help you get out of pain.
How we can help:
- Treatment Plan (POLICE : for treating symptoms)
- P: Protect
- OL: Optimum loading
- I: Ice
- C: Compress
- E: Elevate
- Dry Needling
- Customised foot orthotics will improve foot posture.
Check out our other Services!
We request that you pay the amount during the time of the consultation. We accept cash, cheques, or credit cards and have EFTPOS and HICAPS facilities, in which we can also accept Australian health funds and health care providers.
– If you are on an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC), you will need to bring a written referral from your General Practitioner (GP).
– If you are a private patient, then you do not need a referral.
All patients with chronic conditions are eligible for Medicare rebates for standard podiatry visits through the Medicare system. You will need to see your General Practitioner and ask for an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) referral.